Monday, September 2, 2013

LP Jr. - Double Cutaway

So, a few weeks ago I began working on a walnut double cutaway guitar with a set neck.












I cut the base of the neck to a 4° angle instead of routing the angle in the neck pocket.


















The neck is made from three strips of curly walnut with maple and walnut veneer between the strips. The center strip is a lighter piece of walnut.





















The neck was cut from the same plank of walnut that was book-matched for the top of the body.


























The body is a three piece walnut with walnut veneer sandwiched between each piece. This weekend I sanded the body flat and sanded a 12 inch radius on the fretboard with 80 grit. Next, I will drill the holed for the side dots. Then I will carve the the back of the neck.




No comments:

Post a Comment