Thursday, January 9, 2014

LP Jr. Gluing the Top

Here's a little more progress on the LP Jr. I've glued the maple veneer and the curly walnut top into place. Here are the before and after photos with the clamping process. As always, I keep the clamps in place over night until the glue has cured.

So far, I am about 30 hours into this build. I'm probably a couple weeks away from moving onto routing the pick-up cavities. This weekend, I am hoping to finish the lap steel build. No photos of that one right now, polishing out the finish doesn't really lend itself to interesting photography. I promise to do a separate blog post of the electronics, hardware and finished product next week.

Top view before





















Top view after























Side view before























Side view after


No comments:

Post a Comment