Sunday, April 8, 2012

2012 TDPRI Tele Build Challenge - routing interior cavities

I started routing the interior cavities of the Tele today. First I created some Swiss Cheese, using three different drill bits on the drill press. I drilled dozens of holes to remove as much wood as possible.

Here's the finished Swiss Cheese.
After finishing the drilling and creating a great deal sawdust, I started freehand routing the interior. I did use a straight edge on the interior lines.

Next up, I'll route channels for the wiring between the pickups, and start working on the top - cutting an f-hole and drilling the holes for switches and pots.

No comments:

Post a Comment